Yes. Our data is supplied using CloudSim technology and needs a compatible device to use, which is the UNNIfi portable WiFi router.
Besides the UNNIfi portable WiFi router, we also have a compatible mobile phone that can access our data. If you are interested in that option, contact us using the contact form above.
There are two ways to check how much data is left in your active data package--directly from the router or via our web portal/mobile app.
- To access the router: While connected to the UNNIfi as a WiFi hotspot, go to http://192.168.43.1. There, you will see how much data is left in your active plan. Note that it will not show how much data you have on plans that have already been purchased but have yet to be activated. Error Code 7 means that you have run out of data, and you need to top-up.
- To access the web portal: Our web portal allows you to see how much data is left and to purchase additional top-up data. You can access it at https://unnitel.com/portal. When you purchase a UNNIfi, you will be supplied with a username and password to the portal.
When accessing the router via http://192.168.43.1, you may see Error Code 7. That simply means that you have run out of data and need to purchase additional data. If you are correctly signed up with our web portal, you should receive warnings before you run out of data.
Additional data packages can be purchased via our web portal/mobile app.
- To access the web portal: Our web portal allow you to see how much data is left and to purchase additional top-up data. You can access it at https://unnitel.com/portal. When you purchase a UNNIfi, you will be supplied with a username and password to the portal.
- To purchase data: Go to Top-Up Devices. Select your device. Then, select the data plan of your choice. Finally, click on Top-Up Device and proceed to payment.
Your data plan will be immediately allocated to your UNNIfi after successful payment
You can find the full list of countries for our Global and Asia-Lite plans on our Data Plans page under Packages.
If there is a country that you cannot find there that you need access to, please contact us, and we will try to accommodate, if possible.
It is important to understand that the UNNIfi is a WiFi router, and your mobile phone will treat it as such. That means that if, for example, you have your phone set to automatically download podcasts when on WiFi, you could unexpectedly use more data than you expected.
Here is a list of some ways to avoid consuming unexpectedly large amounts of data:
- Turn off the UNNIfi when not using it. Because it is treated as a WiFi hotspot, you may automatically and unknowingly connect to it, if it is left on.
- Turn off all automatic downloads on your mobile phone. This would include podcasts and app updates among others.
- Turn off cloud drive syncing while using your laptop.
- Avoid watching videos. Even what appear to be low dimension videos on a mobile screen could be downloading in high-definition, depending on the website
- Set the UNNIfi WiFi hotspot to "Low Data Mode". This is an option with the latest release of iOS.
Within Singapore, delivery is free. Anywhere else in the world, we will deliver for a flat US$10 charge.
UNNIfi Device FAQs
Yes. There is a micro-SIM slot that you can use with your own SIM card.
A potential use case to take advantage of this capability is to purchase a data SIM in your home country and insert it in that slot. This will allow you to take advantage of the convenience and security features of the UNNIfi, such as sharing data among multiple devices while avoiding public WiFi hotspots.
At the same time, you can take the UNNIfi with you when you travel globally and know that you will be connected.